Laravel is a free, open-source PHP web application framework. It is used for the development of web applications following the Model View Controller (MVC) architectural pattern. Laravel was created/developed by Taylor Otwell in June 2011.Some of the features of Laravel are:
a. a modular packaging system with a dedicated dependency manager,
b. different ways for accessing relational, utilities that aid in application deployment and maintenance
c. its orientation toward syntactic sugar.
In 2015, Laravel has been regarded as one of the most popular PHP frameworks designed to make it as simple and organized as possible to make web apps. The source code of Laravel is hosted on GitHub and licensed under the terms of MIT License
• Developer feels flexible in the applications development.
• Laravel helps to create wonderful applications using simple, expressive syntax.
• Dependencies in development can be managed with the support of Composer.
• Query builder provides direct access to database with the help of programmatic queries
• Users always want to include latest features easily, so blade template engine will help them to speed up compiling tasks.
• “Modularity is built in via bundles”, making it really easy to drop in/reuse code across the application.
• Creation of database relations appears so simple because of eloquent ORM.
• Laravel provides an optional way for separating the logic behind serving HTTP GET and POST requests using the restful controller’s feature.
• Unit testing is an integral part of Laravel that detect and prevent regressions in the framework.
• Form request feature of laravel is advance feature resulting in automated invoking of the form validation methods and generation of the actual form.
• An outstanding Artisan CLI comprising advanced tools to do tasks, and migrations.
• Reverse routing.
• Excellent documentation.
• Very configurable and extendable.
• The functionality and capabilities of Artisan can also be expanded by implementing new custom commands.
• It is quite slow.
• Some instability with the code because of newness.
• Community support is not wide in comparison with other platforms.
• Many methods included in the reverse routing are complex.
Laravel, Codeigniter and WordPress market trend:
Laravel and Codeigniter market trend:
Wherever any material is quoted as sourced from the published text with publishing rights vested in an individual, it is stated that it is a pure quotation and no intention to claim it as our own