Flutter Vs. React Native – Why did we choose in 2022?
Do you want to develop apps for your business more quickly? And do you want to reduce costs with cross-platform development – but you are confused about which technology to choose?
Some top mobile app development technology like Python, Java, Flutter, React Native, Swift, Kotlin, R programming, etc.
This article compares Flutter and React Native mobile app development technology.
What is Flutter?
Flutter is defined open-source UI software development kit created by Google. It is used to develop cross-platform applications for Android, iOS, Linux, Mac, Windows, Google Fuchsia, Web platform, and the web application from a single codebase.
There are some popular apps are made with Flutter:
1] Hamilton app (App on App Store, App on Google Play, Website) – official app for the Broadway Musical
2] Google Ads app (App on App Store, App on Google Play)
3] Topline app by Abbey Road Studios (App on App Store, App on Google Play)
4] Reflectly (App on App Store, App on Google Play, Website) and many more.
What is React Native?
React Native is an open-source UI software framework created by Meta Platforms, Inc. It is used to evolve applications for Android, Android TV, iOS, macOS, tvOS, Web, Windows, UWP, and many more by enabling developers to use the React framework and native platform capabilities.
It is also being used to develop virtual reality applications at Oculus.
There are some popular apps are made with React Native:
1] Instagram (iOS, Android)
2] Facebook (iOS, Android)
3] Tesla (iOS, Android)
4] Skype (iOS, Android)
5] Fb Ads Manager (iOS, Android)
Pros and cons of Flutter:
Pros of Flutter:
- It looks great
- It’s rich in widgets
- The community is rapidly growing
- Well-structured documentation
- Permanent improvements for web development
- It requires less testing
- The apps are fast
- It helps to design the same UI for older devices
- Flutter 2 version helps to build apps for the web
Cons of Flutter:
- It is not just Native
- The apps are huge than Native ones
- It still has a bounded set of tools & libraries compared to Native apps
Pros and cons of React Native:
Pros of React Native:
- It has a most important feature, which helps with fast coding
- One codebase that helps to create apps for two and more platforms
- The code can be reused
- It has an active and encouraging community
- React developers easily learn React Native
- It saves up to 50% of the time on testing
- It has fantastic performance
- Nader Dabit, Developer Advocate, AW
- Ship across numerous platforms
- Feasible to ship over the air updates bypassing App Store and Play Store.
Cons of React Native:
- Still, it is not native
- It does not have many out of package components
- The choice is limited
- Abandoned packages & libraries
- UI can be easily broken
- Apps are bigger than native ones
Flutter vs. React Native:
Flutter and React Native has many things that are the same. They are both open-source frameworks any person can use easily.
They both are developed by the leading company Google created Flutter vs. React Native was created by Meta.
Flutter is easy to use as it is more resistant to system updates. React Native depends only on native elements, so when the update is released, some problems may appear in the launch app.
The biggest difference between React Native & Flutter is that Flutter has plugins developed by the Google team, like geolocation and mapping. Woefully, React Native app works better with apps with a one-time location and does not require tracking.
Wherever any material is quoted as sourced from the published text with publishing rights vested in an individual, it is stated that it is a pure quotation and has no intention to claim it as our own.
Image Source: www.freepik.com